Thursday, February 23, 2012

High standards set up low goals

Bleh.

That's basically what I feel like right now.

No energy, no emotion. Just....

Stagnant.

I guess it has to do with how I'm disappointed with how things turned out. My most current train of thought is that I could have done better with my life so far, even though I'm 23. I mean, I have no idea what I am going to do once I graduate. I mean, why did I even go to Western in the first place?

I remember community college, and that was fun and I got a degree that showed I was at least an average student. But I wanted to go to a university. And I don't know why I picked Western. All of the schools in Washington and I picked a good school for no reason.

The wonders of the Internet made this possible.

"Everyone should get an education."

Great idea, but what am I supposed to do with a piece of paper that says my major and how much debt I accrued? Sure, it makes a nice wall piece, but what am I supposed to to with it after that? What's the point? You can argue that I'm over-analyzing things, but I don't care if that's true. I need answers that aren't there and frankly, I can't keep looking towards tomorrow when everything is the same as yesterday.

My head is full of too may cliches to make a valid point here...

Run program file /Life.exe
...
...
...Loaded
ERROR!
Life.exe missing valid files. Proper function of Life.exe not possible.
....
Missing files required:
Sense
...
File "Reasoning" is corrupted.
Unable to execute command.
....
Program Life.exe is unable to continue.
Program shutting down.

At least the joke made sense in my head. Much like all of my jokes.

And here I thought I could be something, or at least figure out what. But I guess I can't even do that.

No kit-kat can help me here.

(Just stare at the keyboard until the words start to type themselves.)

I really should go to bed.
At least that's what I would say.
But I'm just sitting here staring at the screen.


I yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment