Monday, February 27, 2012

I ain't dead yet

I keep telling myself that more or less as a running joke among myself and people I know, but really it's a reminder to myself to keep pushing towards tomorrow.

That and to counterbalance the negativity I constantly push onto myself when I get depressed. I try to fight it, but sometimes it's just a little too much for me and I end up in a downward spiral where I don't feel like doing anything anymore because "What's the point?" is usually what I say.

Do not disturb the dark side.


But I think I should stop allowing myself to dwell on the negative side of life, because I can at least prove to myself that I have one solid positive in my life.

I have friends!

And really that's all one needs. This weekend was a welcome relief from a bad week overall. To be honest, I didn't have time to make a post on Saturday because I was way too busy having fun for once. My group of friends are a bunch of crazy and wacky guys I met at dinnertime at the VC because I was friends with one of them. After I joined the group, I just seemed to meld in with everyone and we always shoot the breeze on topics and crack jokes at each others expense because that's what we do best.

How most guy conversations are.

I never really thought about how well we mesh together, and yet when we hung out this weekend, it felt natural to me. Being part of a group has it's benefits, but when you all get along well, it makes it even more fun to be with them. And I'm glad.

Now that I've come to this realization, I think I'll be okay for now. I may not know much, but at least I know one good thing.

I am never alone. (Or as Yggdra Union said it best; "We'll never fight alone.")

Now if I could just get a girlfriend...Ha ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. I am so lucky to have fallen in with a few lovely groups of effortless friends at Western. Good for you for looking on the bright side! There is honestly much to be celebrated, but it's hard to sift through the bullshit sometimes to enjoy those happier things!

    ReplyDelete